Work Experience provides an opportunity for students to build on their skill sets; try out a career they may be interested in; secure experience for a competitive university placement or apprenticeship and find future opportunities for employment.
Benefits of Work Experience:
- There is a strong connection between initial career aspirations aged 16 and later chosen career outcomes.
- There is significant correlation between career uncertainty or confusion and NEET status at 16 to 18.
- Work experience often plays an important, at times essential, role in determining admission to university courses.
- High proportions of both pupils and teaching staff believe that young people return from work experience more motivated to do well at school.
- An estimated one-quarter of pupils are offered part-time employment following a work experience placement.
How will students find Work Experience placements
The 2022-23 academic year is an exciting time for careers education at Archbishop Holgate’s as we move to a new system for Work Experience placements. We are using a new system called Grofar to support students to arrange their Work Experience placements.
For more information about the Work Experience programme, please see the launch video and presentation below.