Archbishop Holgate’s School aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality ACT 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Our equality objectives for 2019 to 2023 are:
- To ensure the school actively promotes and prioritises raising awareness, appreciation and celebration of diversity including: gender; sexuality, race and religion.
- To raise awareness and maximise the outcomes for students with a disability, with a particular focus on developing strategies to support students with a hearing impairment.
- To continue to maximise progression post Year 11, identifying and removing barriers for groups of students who are traditionally NEET.
- Train all members of staff and governors involved in recruitment and selection on equal opportunities and non-discrimination by the beginning of the next academic year. Training evaluation data will show that 100% of those attending have a good understanding of the legal requirements.
Equality Information and Objectives