Our Vision is one which combines Values, Care and Achievement.
“A threefold cord is not easily broken.”
- Christian values – an ethos which lives our Christian values of Justice, Compassion, Forgiveness and Trust into being
- Care for the individual – effective pastoral care with students valued as individuals
- Maximum achievement – maximum achievement for each student at all levels
The three themes of this vision are deliberately expressed in that order for a reason, i.e. from the implementation of one flows the advancement of the next. From a robust set of distinctly Christian Values, which lead into every child being cared for as an individual they will then be facilitated to succeed academically. We continually work with staff to help them understand that our moral purpose is to help shape young people who do not just achieve academically, but can make a significant contribution to the community they serve.
- We aim to provide the best possible education and opportunities for each student at Archbishop Holgate’s School.
- We aim to foster the development of the whole person, in a disciplined and ordered working environment which is secure and caring, and within which each student can aim for excellence.
- We seek to create a positive, happy atmosphere, in which students are able to take pride in their achievements, and in which students and staff work together with mutual respect, courtesy and consideration for others.
- We believe in a curriculum which engenders a love of learning and the excitement of discovery, and which, while being broad enough to meet and respond to individual need, develops the academic potential of each student to the full.
- We seek to develop and maintain a close partnership between students, parents and staff, and positive working relationships with our partners in education, the world of work and the wider community.
In keeping with the good intent of our founder and the values of our Christian foundation, we aim to create a school community in which students are known and cared for as individuals, and within which they can fulfil their potential as they grow towards adulthood and prepare for its opportunities and responsibilities. We seek high standards in all aspects of school life.
“You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house.”
1 Peter 2:5
Our Christian values are the foundations on which we build our spiritual house. We are all ‘living stones’, each one uniquely gifted. Individually we all have an important part to play in the life of our own school, but together we form a community that is bigger and stronger, underpinned by our shared values and ethos where everyone can thrive and can make the most of their gifts and talents. This message applies to both staff and students.
Our School Christian Values
Over recent years these Values have been embedded across our school community and are ‘lived into being’ by students and staff, hour by hour, day by day. They permeate all areas of school life and represent a shared vision across the entire school community.