“The leadership team is extremely high calibre, led by a passionate and inspirational Headteacher. There is a real sense of openness, wisdom, and insight in their practice, which enables everyone in the Academy to feel valued and therefore to flourish.”
Maximum Achievement for each student at all levels
Achievement comes in many different forms and collectively, as a school community, we take great pride in our individual and collective success. We firmly belive that all our students can be successful and make the most of their gifts and talents.
Quality of Teaching and Leadership
The Headteacher alongside other senior leaders share expertise with other schools locally and nationally.
“The school’s work as a national Teaching School is also recognising the central importance of sharing expertise around what makes for effective pedagogy.”
- A Level performance within the top 1% in the country.
- The school consistently performs in the top 10% of schools for student performance at AS and A2.
- The Sixth Form was the highest performing centre nationally for Vocational Qualifications in 2013.
- The three year averages for performance at KS4 place the school as being above national averages across key performance indicators. In 2018 the Progress 8 score was +0.60, one of the strongest nationally.
- The school has been invited to Downing Street to celebrate academic excellence in state education.
Examples of Student Achievement
- Scholarships to Oxford and Cambridge University, as well as successful applications onto medical, veterinary and dentistry degrees.
- Engineering case study on digital tools presented to a European conference.
- Students speaking on a national level about the Technical Baccalaureate.
- 700 successful Archbishop of York Young Leaders.
- Musical best practice from Archbishop Holgate’s has been shared with other schools through the Royal College of Music.
- Business students win ‘The Big Deal’ and a trip to New York.
- Successful School Shows (Grease) and drama productions each year.
- York Rotary Young Chef champions.
- Year 7 Solar Boat Challenge
- SIAMS – The Diocesan Inspectorate – has graded us Outstanding in all areas (2018).
- Ofsted graded us as Outstanding in our last inspection and since then we have had Ofsted visits in History (2018), Sixth Form (2017) and Design and Technology which have all since formed best practice case studies.
- Of 1305 Ofsted Parent View responses 98% of parents agree their child is well taught and 97% say their child makes good progress.
Other school accolades
- RE Gold Award
- C&K Careers Gold Award
- International Schools Award
- Design Mark for Engineering
- Sport England Sports mark
- Speaker’s School Council Award (Student Voice)