Level 2 Next Steps Pathway
The course is designed for students who need further development before accessing level 3 courses or progressing into employment.
The course consists of 2 progressive routes: –
- Route 1: 1 year course with the option of enrolling on to KS5 courses at the end of year 12.
- Route 2: 2 year course with the option of progressing into further education or employment.
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Certificate in Business Administration
This qualification has been developed in consultation with cross-sector employers to ensure it enables learners to develop the skills and behaviours that will give them the best opportunity to be successful when applying for work.
The areas covered include:
- Unit 1 – Business administrative environment
- Unit 2 – Providing administrative services and support
- Unit 3 – Business technology
- Unit 4 – Planning, Organising and Supporting Business Events
BTEC Level 2 Certificate and Diploma for Customer Service Practitioners
The qualification will help learners to develop and apply the technical and behavioural knowledge and understanding required to become competent and successful in a customer service job role.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop the technical knowledge and understanding that underpins competence in a customer service job role
- Learn about a range of transferable skills and professional attributes that support successful performance in a customer service job role
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Certificate in Marketing
The qualification has been developed in consultation with employers in the marketing sector. This means that it will enable learners to develop the skills and behaviours that give them the best opportunity to be successful in applying for work. The areas learners will cover include:
- Unit 1 – Marketing in business
- Unit 2 – Research the marketing of a product or service
- Unit 3 – Create digital marketing communications
- Unit 4 – Plan and present a marketing campaigning
BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading give learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to team leadership styles, the roles and responsibilities of a team leader, planning and allocating work, developing team performance, setting targets and monitoring the work of a team
- Learn about the core knowledge required to work as a Team Leader, Section Leader, Floor Leader, Trainee Supervisor, Call Centre Team Manager or Supervisor
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
In addition to the qualification outlined, students will choose a suitable workplace and undertake 1 days’ work experience a week. Students will complete a ‘Work Placement Portfolio’ throughout the duration of their course to show the industry skills they have developed throughout each year.
There are no minimum entry requirements needed to secure a place on the Level 2 Post 16 course.