At Archbishop Holgate’s School, all staff and parents prioritise the safety of students at all time. Prevention and education are the best methods for keeping students safe. Across our curriculum, we teach our students how to stay safe. Below are a range of either pages or links on topics that will help you understand how to keep your child safe, spot danger signs and offer you support and help.
Please click here for more information on Safeguarding in our school.
Bullying including cyberbullying
Radicialisation (Prevent Duty)
Child sexual exploitation
Children missing in education
Children missing from home or care
Missing children and adults
- York Mind an independent provider of high quality mental health services in York and the surrounding area.
- Government Guidance: Mental Health
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- YouTube video explaining FGM through cupcakes
- Government Guidance: Female Genital Mutilation
- E-Safety page on our website
Peer on peer abuse
- www.abusewatch.net Useful website explaining Peer on Peer abuse and what to do
- YouTube video about consent based around a cup of tea
Drug taking and alcohol
- www.yor-ok.org.uk A website explaining where to find advice and support available in York
- Government Guidance: Drugs in Schools
Fabricated or induced illness
- York City Council website offering advice on Truancy.
Diversity and equality and Racial Tolerance
- Stonewall a website to champion Diversity, equality and racial tolerance
Gangs and youth violence
Gender based violence
Teenage Sexual Health
York Sexual Health Centre
Monkgate Health Centre
York YO31 7WA
Telephone: 01904 721111
- www.actionforchildren.org.uk website about a group who work with young carers
- www.carersuk.org – Pracical support and advice
- www.york.gov.uk– support for York carers
- www.yorkcarerscentre.co.uk – A charity base din York to support Young Carers
Our school has been given the opportunity to take part in a new project that will run jointly between all schools, academies and colleges in York and North Yorkshire. This new project, Operation Encompass, has been designed to provide early reporting to schools of any domestic abuse incidents that occur outside of normal school hours and that might have had an impact on a child attending our premises the following day. This information will be shared at the earliest opportunity between Monday to Friday and, when an incident occurs on a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday, the police will contact us the following Monday.
For more information please visit: